Saturday, July 20, 2013

DIY Project: Make a clutch bag with a car license plate

READ THIS IN ENGLISH
Here's my new favorite DIY ever!
With the permission of my mexican embroidered skirt... It's simple clutch bag with a zipper closure and I added a car license plate. I love the fact that it's a real and used car plate. And it's so easy to find, you can get it at any souvenirs shop or around the internet, for instance on Ebay.

I was inspired by this Kate Spade bag I saw in a store. I loved the idea, but I was a little bit disappointed with the quality: it looks more like a H&M sale bag than like what a 400$ bag. I would never buy a PVC bag like that, I prefer doing it myself with good quality materials.

Then I got down to work. You could actually make this DIY in five minutes, if you used any bag you already have. I preferred doing it from scratch because I didn't find the perfect bag I envisioned. So here's a basic videotutorial of how to make a zipper leather clutch bag. Hope you guys enjoy!


Supplies
2 leather rectangles (exterior)
2 fabric rectangles (lining)
1 metallic zipper
1 car license plate
4  machine screws 
Textile glue
Pins / double sided tape
Thick sewing machine needles

Tips
Pins always leave a mark on leather. Try o use it on the inner part of the seams, or use double sided tape instead.

The best way of finishing the zipper is sewing the leather piece. I used textile glue because I broke 3 needles in the attempt, as my zipper is metallic.
I can't wait to wear it! Hope you guys liked it as much as I do
What do you guys think? Would you dare to make your own license plate clutch?

Hope you guys have a great weekend! Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. I bought à car plate purse à long time ago ! I love yours !!!! Great job :-)
    www.ilovedoityourself.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool bag
    http://ccchinachic.com/products/fashion/womens-clothing/c-115/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!customlicenseplates.info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more content about. Please keep sharing! 1985 california the golden state license plate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...